I have just purchased a cPanel VPS from Host Dime. I am going to be installing cPanel shortly. After cPanel is installed can somebody list the security modules etc I need to install on the VPS and basically everything I need to do before it is fit for hosting clients?
Thanks!VPS Hosting VPShostingvps hostingPHPFirewall
1.First of all, install the firewall. Here are the steps for you -
Install CSF Firewall
rm -fv csf.tgz
tar -xzf csf.tgz
Edit /etc/csf/csf.conf and make the following changes (both settings are near the top of the file):
TESTING = "0"
RESTRICT_SYSLOG = "2"
Now go to WHM > Security Center > SMTP Restrictions > Disable and then run: csf -r
2. Install OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set (the default one available on that page)
Once installed, press edit on it.
3. Password Strength Configuration
Set Default to 70
4. Shell Fork Bomb Protection
1) Installation of Firewall (CSF)
2) Securing /tmp Partition
3) Securing and optimizing Mysql
4) Scanning VPS Hosting with RKhunter
5) Installation of Mod_Security
6) Disable PHP functions
7) Disable direct root login