When you are looking for a Dedicated Server, you must have some mission-critical application / highly secured data to host. You are paying the good amount for a Dedicated server so you should not compromise with the quality of service and provider.
As far as my experience is concerned, I would suggest you to avoid selecting unknown providers as well as so-called known giants. Because you may not receive good service and especially support when you need it.
You must check following points:
Hardware: The provider you select must offer you brand new hardware as they are generally more reliable and will provide greater performance.
Datacenter: The most redundant and reliable datacenters are Tier3 and Tie4. If your targeted audience is from a specific region, you should choose the provider who offers the servers in the same location.
Server Monitoring: It is must to have your server monitored at regular interval. Select the best provider who provides you monitoring of your server as well.
Bandwidth: Nowadays, people are looking for higher bandwidth to get un-stoppable operations. Double check the bandwidth offered by the server you are selecting.
Scalability: The provider must offer you smooth scalability for server resources. When you need more resources, you should get it without affecting the existing data.
I strongly recommend you to look at Dedicated Servers offered by AccuWebHosting. They never compromise with the server components and their support is indeed outstanding. You will never regret your decision when you have a server from AccuWebHosting.
While selecting the cheapest Dedicated Server hosting for your site, you should consider few points which are as below:
1. You must check the data center facility of the hosting provider. Tier3 and Tier4 data centers are the most redundant and reliable. Also, verify the data center location where the server you are selecting will reside.
2. You must check the hardware you will be allocated is brand new because they are more reliable and have a longer lifespan.
3. You should make sure that the server you are selecting for your site is being monitored by the hosting provider.
4. For mission-critical operations and heavily loaded website/application, it is essential that you get a high amount of bandwidth. Double check the bandwidth offered with the plan you are selecting.
5. You should ensure that the server you have selected had guaranteed safety of your data and security against various attacks, viruses, trojans, spammers, and hackers.