A dedicated server is a physical server with lots of benefits. You will have better performance with Dedicated server compared to VPS/Shared account. Following are some of the major benefits of a Dedicated server:
(1) Dedicated Resources: With a Dedicated server, you will have guaranteed dedicated resources. The server resources are not shared with anyone else. You are only the owner of your server and server resources. You can host any number of sites, install any application on your server as per your requirements.
(2) Higher Configuration: Generally, the Dedicated server will have the higher configuration as compared to VPS/Shared hosting. If you are looking for high RAM OR High Disk configuration server, the Dedicated server is the best option for you.
(3) Dedicated IP Address: With a Dedicated server, you will have a dedicated IP address to access your server/host your websites. When you are running a large e-commerce site or want to have SSL certificate for your site, dedicated IP address is essential.
(4) Scalable: When your business grows, you will need higher resources for your website. If your site is hosted on a Dedicated server, you can easily scale up your server resources as per your convenient time. It can be done within a matter of minutes.
(5) Upgrade/Maintenance: Since YOU are only the owner of your Dedicated Server, you can schedule the server upgrade/maintenance as per your convenient time. When you have VPS/Shared account, you need to be dependent on your hosting provider while such situation does not come with Dedicated Server.
It has many more features. Just remember that when you are purchasing a dedicated server, make sure that you select the best provider and a server with at-least minimum resources as per your site/application’s requirements.
Some advantages of choosing a dedicated hosting provider are: 1. Server resources are not shared When you choose a dedicated hosting provider, you get the full resources of single server. You don’t need to worry about other websites clogging up the server’s CPU and RAM. With a dedicated server, you can be sure that bad scripts running on another website or spikes in bandwidth usage won’t slow your server down.
2. Enhanced performance and security Choosing a dedicated hosting provider guarantees maximum uptime for your website. Shared hosting is often best for websites with low to medium traffic. If your website receives a lot traffic,though, dedicated servers provide more stability and reliability than shared hosting.
With a dedicated server, you can also be sure that you aren’t sharing space with a malicious website or a potential spammer. Dedicated hosting allows enhanced security, particularly important for companies handling sensitive transactions over FTP or SSL.
3. Flexibility A dedicated server allows a client the flexibility of customizing the server to the clients unique needs for CPU, RAM, disk space and software. With shared hosting, a customer is limited to the applications, software and operating environment already loaded on the server. They may either offer software a client doesn’t need or lack things that they do.
A dedicated server allows organizations a customizable server environment that fits their needs. They can choose the platform and software they really need, allowing more control over how their dedicated server is configured.
4. Unique IP address Each server has it’s own unique IP address. With shared hosting, that means that you are also sharing an IP address with multiple other websites. If one of your neighbors is a spam site or an adult site, this could mean having your websites’ rank pushed down.
With dedicated hosting, you have a dedicated server, which means your own unique IP address. This is especially important if you are a large running an e-commerce site that requires SSL for credit card processing.
WHO EXACTLY NEED DEDICATED SERVER HOSTING?
Dedicated servers are an expensive proposition when compared with shared server hosting and therefore, suitable only for limited individuals or organizations. All in all, dedicated server hosting is ideal for:
High traffic websites that require dedicated bandwidth to function properly Companies with a dynamic website that requires changes every other day Companies that aim to scale their online presence Organizations that have a large capital base
Advantages of Dedicated Server Hosting
Increased reliability and performance Enhanced security No need to purchase additional equipment Pay and Forget Solution Maximum Uptime Guaranteed
Know more about this QUESTION please visit the below link:-
benefits of dedicated hosting
security - lots of advantages here
control over placement of datcenter
no chance of link farming (from seo perspective )
more control over apache or nigx configurations and mods
you can also set up more databases like mongo and neo4 more easily
monitoring - bandwith and cpu usage
to summarise it good web development is all about control and to get max control you need to have a reliable dedicated host provider
There are many advantages of dedicated hosting here I explain all advantage but first, I would suggest you if you are looking purchase dedicated server? I would be recommended only one site Host IT Smart one of the best-dedicated hosting service provider in India.
You can have your own server and can do anything you want, without the necessity to share the machine with many others.
You can grow your site without the need to worry about the storage and bandwidth.
You will not receive any complaint due to the sudden traffic spike on your site.
Dedicated server has many advantages:
Dedicated resources: A Dedicated server is a physical server and you are the owner of it. With a Dedicated server, you will have dedicated resources including, CPU power, RAM, Disk, Bandwidth etc. The resource of the server will not be shared with anyone else. You will have full root access to the server which provides you the complete control of the server.
Better performance and security: Since you will have dedicated resources of the server, you will have better performance for your site or an application. It ensures maximum uptime for your site. You can be sure that you are not sharing space with a malicious website or potential spammer. It provides enhanced security and secure transfer of sensitive information.
Flexibility: It has the flexibility of customizing the server for your custom CPU, RAM, Disk space requirement. You can even upgrade the resources based on your need. You can install the custom applications in your server. In short, a Dedicated server allows your organization a customizable server environment that fits your need.
Reliability: Since the Dedicated server is truly dedicated for you, you do not have to worry about other websites using up your server resources. There are very rare chance of server crashes and you can rely on it.