- The price of reseller hosting plans are lower than shared hosting plans.
- The inventory you get in reseller hosting plans are much higher when compared to shared hosting.
- outsource the reseller hosting support, you will have more time to focus on your work then spending time on hosting support.
- There is better manageability of account with reseller hosting as you have one hosting account to manage all clients.
- Reseller hosting accounts can be re branded to say that you are the hosting company who is providing these services to end user.
- A reseller hosting account can also be integrated with packages like modernbill / H-sphere to have a better billing system.
- Reseller hosting plan are most affordable and unique hosting plan which offers higher inventory and complete automation than shared hosting plan.
With a reseller account you can also sell hosting, so this can be a relatively cheap step into the hosting business. You have the flexibility of controlling your own clients, creating, suspending and terminating accounts. You also have the knowledge that the server is being maintained for you, so you only have to worry about your clients and web site.
If you own a number of web sites, using a reseller account can save you money, and you can create accounts when you need them and share the resources between your web sites easily. You can find reseller hosting accounts with plenty of bandwidth and disk space for around $25 - $50 a month, which can be a big saving if you have a number of web sites needing hosting.
You also don’t have to worry about the maintenance of the server, since the web host should have this covered. You should also receive technical support included with your account.
If you have plans to start to own web hosting business, a reseller account can be an easy first step in the hosting industry. It is a relatively low cost solution, meaning you can concentrate primarily on building your business slowly and generate a steady monthly income. One of the biggest mistakes new hosts make is try to accomplish too much in a short period of time. This can lead to unhappy customers and evidently losing clients.
Potential clients may not be totally confident purchasing a hosting account from a reseller, because you in affect are the middle man. If a problem arises with the server or a customers account, they need to contact you and if you are unable to deal with the problem yourself, you would in turn have to contact your host. This can be a long process from initially receiving the first support request to getting the problem resolved. However if you have proper customer support in place this shouldn’t be a major problem.
As a reseller like I said above you have limited access to admin functions, and if you have experience with the control panel and server software you may find this annoying. The only thing I can suggest is asking the host if it would be possible for them to enable your account more with admin privileges. The worse thing the host can say is ‘no’, so it’s worth a try.
Shared web hosting is a type of web-hosting where you buy web-space for your personal websites from web-hosting companies. Reseller web hostingis a type of web-hosting where you buy bulk of space and can resell it to for profit.
A shared account is when a bunch of websites share a server and they are all hosted off from it. A reseller account is the same, except you get so much space and so much bandwidth that you can do whatever you want with it . With the reseller account, you can host unlimited domains and sell space to your friends at your given price.
Hello, I have two questions with regard to your reseller hosting packages. 1) How can I make sure that my customers will not be able to send bulk emails ? 2) Is it possible to set an SMTP limit via the control panel or do you already have one in place? Thank you. David John Williams email@example.com