Can I do web hosting on my own?
You can do your own web site hosting with a special computer server using the correct hardware and software system for about 14,000 euro plus T1 internet.
Free Web Hosting and Free Domain Hosting
You can host your own domain or choose free subdomain. Hosting supports domain names such as yourname.com or if you do not have your own domain registered, you can choose free subdomain hosting. You can host all international domains with no restrictions.
What is a domain name and how do I get one?
A domain name is the web address or URL that brings people to your web site. For example, domain name or URL is abccompany.com. Your domain name can be anything you want, as long as someone else hasn't already purchased it. Example domain names end in .com, .net, .org, .com .au, .net .au etc.
How do I host my own web site?
To host your own web site first register your own domain name. Then apply for hosting. You can then easily upload your site which you have developed your self in a program such as Frontpage, Dreamweaver or even Word or Publisher. Alternatively you can use Sitebuilder application to easily build your own site in minutes.
Can I set up password protected areas?
Yes. Each account comes with the Protect Directories feature, which can be accessed through the control panel.
How can I manage my e-mail users (add/remove/update) ? How can I setup mail redirection for my users?
To add or delete POP / IMAP boxes, use the Mail Manager option in your control panel
You redirect mail by editing the address, un-forwarding to the POP box (which deletes it if that's the only reference to it) and forwarding to whatever email address you desire.
What is a virtual domain?
Virtual Domain means having your own domain (http://www.your-name.com) without having to purchase expensive server hardware and software. With a Virtual Domain, you utilize our server's storage space and internet connection, while, you are still professionally represented via your own personal Internet web address or domain name (www.domain-name.com) and by your own personal e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Do you want to host your website in your own home computer and make it available to world?
Use WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) web server which is fully configured and easy to install. The steps listed here do not provide explanations in depth. Hope, you have technical knowledge about how to do which is required.
Step 1: Installing Web Server in your computer
- Download WampServer. [WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache, PHP and the MySQL database. It also comes with PHPMyAdmin and SQLiteManager to easily manage your databases.]
- Double click .EXE file and follow the instructions on the screen. The WampServer is installed automatically with Apache, PHP and the MySQL database.
- Now start WampServer from Start>All Programs>WampServer>Start WampServer if you did not select to start automatically while installation.
- You can put your web files inside www directory of WampServer installation directory. (Generally c:wampwww).
To check your web server, type http://localhost in your web browser’s address bar. The hosted folders will be listed in your web browser. This shows that your web server is installed successfully and ready to run web files.
Step 2: Make Your Website Available to World
- Your new web server responses for incoming requests on port 80. If you have a software firewall or a NAT firewall (router), then these requests may be blocked. You will need to configure your firewall to allow incoming requests on port 80. If you’re having trouble configuring your firewall, check software firewall configuration and Hardware firewall configuration.
- Now your web server is accessible from outside by browsing your IP address. You can know your IP address from WhatlsMyIP.com. But browsing your website using IP address is not reliable and practical. Next thing your IP address is always changing. So you have to get static IP for your webserver which is described in next point.
- Here I am using DynDNS.org which provides free URL that points to the IP address of your web server. Go to DynDNS.org and create your free account there.
- After creating your account, log in to their website and go to Dynamic DNS and click on Add Dynamic DNS. Choose your desired name (eg. MyWebServer) and select dyndns.org from the drop-down. Now your website URL will be http://mywebserver.dyndns.org.
- If the IP address field isn’t automatically filled in, enter your IP address. (Get your IP address at WhatlsMyIP.com) Then click on Add Host
- After doing all these steps you have to install Dynamic DNS Updating Client which can be found in Support section of DynDNS.org. This will help to update your changing IP address to DynDNS.org.
Now you are done and ready to host your own website from your home computer.