An enterprise server is a computer containing programs that collectively serve the needs of an
You can easily upgrade the hardware in your Dedicated Server through our highly trained sales staff who will help you get the performance boost you may need as your e-business begins to grow.
Hardware requirements for VPS host system to a great extent depend on the number of virtual servers to be installed and on the tasks they perform.
Consider the basic configuration:
- The basic Virtual Private Server installation (using base Linux RedHat 7.3 installations RPMs) requires ~500-550 MB of disk space. This includes shell, cron scheduler, OpenSSH support, mounting support, random generator, Perl, and some more.
So if you install 10 VPSs, you need at least 5-6 GB disk space. If you use VPS for hosting and wish to install Web, FTP, DNS services, or database support, you need to reserve more disk space for this.
- The basic VPS installation requires ~10 MB RAM. But, in fact, a virtual server usually takes less memory. Therefore, setting the system memory size, you need to consider what services would run on a particular VPS.
- Restrictions on processor type and frequency are too approximate. Let say, PII 450MHz will be the starting point if you need to have at least 3 virtual servers but actually CPU may be even less powerful.
Companies should consider:
– Speed -- A fast server is better than a slower one
– Internal and external traffic to occur on the server
– Scalability of the server hardware
– MS Windows NT Server; MS Windows 2000 Server edition; Linux, Unix