Windows Web hosting occurs on a Web server that uses Microsoft Windows server software as it's operating platform. Windows, a graphic-based, multitasking operating system, plans are useful in the arena of dynamic content generation and database functionality. Windows hosting plans give you the ability to utilize many forms of dynamic content and specialized databases.
Windows Web Hosting
Windows Web Hosting gives a company the capability of designing web sites using the ever-popular Windows Operating System. This allows development using technologies such as Active Server Pages (ASP), COM, and the newer .NET infrastructure. Our Windows Web Hosting Showcase features Windows Web Hosting companies that provide top-notch Windows Web Hosting at an affordable price.
Windows Web Hosting General Features
- Reseller Accounts available
- Manage Multiple domains using a single control panel
- SmarterMail Pro Email server with advanced Web based Email
- Gene6 FTP Server - Advanced FTP Services
- Integration with SimpleDNS and Microsoft DNS Server
- Optional SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 Services
- Integration with MySQL Server
- SmarterStats and AWStats Statistics Servers
- Support for ASP, ASP.NET, Perl and PHP.
- Support for Python and ASP.Net 2
- Add/Edit/Remove services such as Web, Email, DNS, FTP
- View Disk-space and Bandwidth usage statistics
- Bandwith Tracking
- As an administrator or reseller you can view, edit and remove domains and domain registrations for any user in the system
- Add/Remove Domains
- Search for domains by domain name
- Manage FTP Accounts
- Use Helm's File Manager to manage website content online
- Create and Manage Virtual Directories
- Secure website folders
- Add/Remove Domain Aliases and Sub-Domains
- Use Helm's DNS Zone Editor to manage DNS Zone records (A, MX, CNAME, etc.)
- Add/Remove Databases and Database users with Helm's Database Manager. MySQL allows backup, download and restores for the end users)
- Manage MIME types
- Manage Custom Error Pages
- Install/Remove and Manage FrontPage Extensions
- Install/Remove Shared SSL
- Configure website settings including support for extensions such as ASP/PHP/Perl/etc, Directory Browsing, Permissions, etc.
- View Diskspace and Bandwidth usage information
- Manage IIS Default Documents
- Manage IIS Parent Paths
- Domain Forwarding
The most common databases used with web servers are Microsoft SQL Server (available only on Windows) and MySQL (commonly found on Linux and UNIX but also available on Windows). SQL Server comes with it's own administration client where you can view your databases, edit them, backup data and do all the administration functions you need. MySQL has an active online community where there is a range of administration clients available.
Windows Web Hosting means Internet hosting providers make the use of Microsoft’s Windows software to host the web server for the customers websites. Depending on the Windows Web hosting service providers offers the customers an environment to run ASP.net web applications. Microsoft’s Windows and Linux are the two majorly used platforms in Web hosting industry. If compared with the Linux Web hosting, Windows hosting offers a much better user friendly interface as Microsoft owns almost all of the products and services. In the field of web development, Windows hosting supports all the popular web services. It enables users to create a website or web based application in any of the preferred language.
This is quite understood about newbies getting confused in choosing the web hosting platforms among Linux web hosting and Windows web hosting. Windows could always be a better option to go for, as today’s web hosts offer PHP and My SQL which is a sort of Linux server feature in their web hosting plans of Windows 2008 and Windows 2003 server. Web hosting providers install PHP and MySQL as an add-on on their servers enabling users to get some most important features of the Linux Servers within the same package of Windows web hosting without any extra payment.
Windows hosting is more user friendly and has more benefits which is the major reason for its wide usage. Though both the operating systems has its own unique features and encompasses different Advantages and Disadvantages. The .NET and .ASP technologies are not supported on Linux platform, which means if a website owner has designed their websites using Microsoft’s .NET technology then the benefits of Windows hosting service.