Installing Zip and Unzip Files under Linux
By default, Linux does not have installed the zip and unzip utilities installed. To install it, follow the steps below:
1) Login to Shell using root user
2) Type following two commands to install zip and unzip program:
# apt-get install zip
# apt-get install unzip
3) you can use yum command to install zip and unzip program:
# yum install zip
# yum install unzip
- zip is a compression and file packaging utility for Linux and Unix (including FreeBSD, Solaris etc).
- unzip will list, test, or extract files from a ZIP archive files.