Email Filters, known as Content Filter in Smarter Mail, are used to perform specific actions on emails that meet certain criteria.
Filtering is most commonly used to remove emails which are considered as spam, but they can also be used to process legitimate emails.
Below mentioned are the steps to create content filtering on your mail accounts:
1. Open a browser window and go to the following URL:
2. Login using your email address and password which you have created from your Control Panel.
3. From the Settings menu, click on My Content Filtering.
4. Click on Add Filter.
5. Select the Filter Criteria,
i. From Address
ii. Contains Specific words or Phrases
iii. To Address
i. From Address: applies the filter to messages from specified addresses and/or domains.
ii. Contains Specific words or Phrases: applies the filter to specified words within specific areas of incoming messages.
iii. To Address: applies the filter to messages sent to specified addresses and/or domains.
iv. Attachments: applies the filter to attachments that meet or exceed a specified size and that come from or are sent to specified addresses and/or domains.
v. Other: applies the filter to other specified criteria for messages that come from or are sent to specified addresses and/or domains.
6. Click Next.
7. Based on the Filter Criteria, enter the necessary details to build the filters:
a. Filter Type: specify whether all criteria must be met or only one criteria must be met to apply the filter.
b. Criteria Details: specify the addresses and subjects that will be filtered.
8. Click Next.
9. Create a name and assign rules for the new filter by entering the following details:
a. Rule: Select a name for the new filter and verify the shown criteria
b. Actions: Select the routing action for the message and set any comments or headers.
10. Click Save.