E-commerce hosting denotes web hosting for e-commerce web applications. Web host providers provide e-commerce tools. In general words, E-commerce hosting services are complete web hosting solutions targeted towards enterprises or individuals who are intended to conduct E-commerce businesses.
E-commerce tools manage and promote online sales. The few most important E-commerce tools are merchant account services, web promotion secure socket layer, database support, secure transactions, shopping carts, advertising packages, etc. WeblinkIndia is a one-stop solution offering all kinds of services for E-commerce hosting.
If you are thinking of starting an e-commerce website, stepping through this Web Host Guide is critical. If you have read through this guide, start to finish, and follow the advice we have offered, you will be well on your way to choosing a quality host.
Read More: Shared Hosting: Ecommerce Hosting Plan
Ecommerce is a much different business than the world has ever known. It is fast-paced, and those who cannot keep up are left behind. There are many reasons e-commerce sites fail, but hopefully, the information here will help you avoid those issues that are under your control.
Shopping carts, as seen on Amazon.com and numerous other e-commerce websites, are the key way to allow visitors to purchase items. Usually, these programs are written in PHP, ASP, or CGI, which are all server-side scripting languages.
Installing these programs onto your webspace is often as simple as a couple of clicks. Many hosts offer pre-configured shopping carts that can be installed through the control panel.
If you do not know much about installing scripts, be sure you choose a host that offers a quality shopping cart installation. On the other hand, if you are not afraid to configure your own shopping cart.
Working of Payment Gateway
Payment Gateway refers to an e-commerce service that authorizes payments for e-businesses & online retailers. It, in a way, represents a physical POS (Point-of-sale) terminal located in most retail outlets.
Payment gateways encrypt sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, to ensure that information passes securely between the customer and the merchant.
Though it may sound simple actually the entire working of a payment gateway comprises of multiple complex steps; a brief of which is given below:
1. The visitor places the order on the website, and it is sent to the merchant's web server in an encrypted format. This is usually done via SSL(Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
2. The transaction details are then forwarded to the concerned Payment Gateway.
3. The transaction information is then passed on to the merchants acquiring bank by the Payment Gateway.
4. Merchants acquiring bank then forward the transaction information to the issuing bank (one that issued the credit card to the customer).
5. Then the card-issuing bank sends a response back to the Payment Gateway. The response includes information on whether the payment has been approved or declined. In case of declination, the reason is also sent in the response.
6. The response is then forwarded by the Payment Gateway to the merchant's server.
7. At the merchant's server, the response is encrypted again and is relayed back to the customer. This allows the customer to know whether the order has been placed successfully or not.
8. The entire process typically takes less than 5 seconds. At the end of the bank day (or settlement period), the acquiring bank(or card issuing bank) deposits the total of the approved funds in to the merchant's nominated account.
Ecommerce Website Design Features
1. Customize layouts
2. E-Commerce Shopping Cart
3. Information flow to back-office systems
4. Sales Stats
5. Data upload and download
6. Technical Support
7. Customer account setup and management
8. Content management
9. Create unlimited pages and layouts
10. QuickStats Traffic Stats