1. Open a web browser, connect to your cPanel Control Panel located at https://your IP address:2087.
2. Login, using the information sent to you in your setup email. Those are the administrator access details.
3. click Next under the welcome message.
4. Read the cPanel license agreement, click on I Agree and continue.
5. Enter the requested information:
* Main Shared Virtual Host IP:
* Primary Nameserver:
* Secondary Nameserver:
* Tertiary Nameserver:
6. Click Save.
7. Click Next Step for the Initial Quota Scan.
8. Click Next Step to continue past the Setup Nameserver screen.
9. Click Next Step to continue past the Setup Resolver Configuration screen.
10. For Step 6, enter a root MySQL password and click Change Password.
11. Click Finish.
Your cPanel account will now be configured.
How to install cPanel/WHM on a new Linux system
- Open PuTTY and type in the server's address above, or select a previously saved session.
- Now press the Open button.
- Make an attempt to log in as root.
- Enter your password in the box provided.
- After a successful root login, you should see something like this.