Webmasters choose dedicated servers for different tasks. These are mainly projects where you need more processing power.
A dedicated server means the owner owns a whole physical machine. It is of two types managed and unmanaged. It gives you full control over Ram, Cores, and Storage, etc. The dedicated server is more expensive than Shared or VPS hosting but it will ensure you to get the best performance of your website or application.
People use dedicated servers for different purposes. They can be used:
In a standalone mode (One server serving a specific role. Can be a single point of failure, unless custom configurations are done in other levels like DNS, etc) In a cluster mode (To ensure high availability, load balancing,etc)
These are some of a dedicated server usage:
Host one or multiple websites, blogs, e-commerce platforms, wiki, forums,etc. Host one or multiple web applications, … Use it as a file server to host images, files, videos (performance aspects to be considered based on the volumes and usage intensity) Host a database server, mail server, dns server, …… For learning/training/practice/testing purposes to learn Linux, Windows, and any other stuff!
Dedicated server: A dedicated server has the ultimate power, security, and control no need to share resources with anyone with a dedicated server. For any business website, choosing the right dedicated server is essential. Acquiring a dedicated server is critical for the optimum performance of their site, and businesses reached high traffic and storage level requirements. eWebGuru host server offers the best dedicated server India plans in the market and it has thousands of loyal clients that offer competitive price tags and are completely reliable. No doubt that it is a 99.9% uptime hosting server and helpful for 24/7 customer support. Below are some features discussed offered by eWebGuru provides dedicated server hosting:
A Dedicated Server is the best web hosting platform for high scale business. You can easily grow your business without any stress and build a strong presence on the web. If you choose Dedicated then do not worry because it can handle your business without any stress.
Dedicated server is a type of remote server that is entirely dedicated to an individual, organization or application. It provides functionality like an in-house server but is owned, operated by the backend provider.
A dedicated server may used to host applications, services, data storage and backup services and also used internally for the hosting and provisioing of specialised services, such as implementing dedicated file or network servers.
Uses of Dedicated servers:
- Backup server - Use dedicated servers to backup all data so as to avoid the risk of losing essential data
- Database storage - It is reliable, efficient data storage system for other applications and websites and It can be used for analyzing data and archiving.
- Application Server - It can be used for a single, large and specific application. These applications are generally business critical hence you can ahve multiple dedicated servers setup so as to ensure load distribution & splitting
- Email servers - It will allow you to manage emails and have complete control over the reception, the distribution& delivery. You can manage tthe storage and upload limit of the email account of your own.
- Chat room servers - You can setup your own chat room, Every chat room uses this server,allowing file transfers, encryption, proxy, chat bots etc..
- VPN serves - It can be used it for VPN(virtual private network) servers provide secure conneactions over public networks & channelizes all the traffic through secure connections.