SEO Marketing isn’t new to the term Domain Authority. Many people don’t know what Domain Authority is. This article is for you guys, so you don’t feel out of place when we discuss this topic in the future.
Moz, a privately owned company, created a measuring unit called a band to determine the rank of websites ranked in search engines. It is composed of numbers ranging from 1 to 100, which are allotted to websites. 100 is the highest score, and 1 is the worst. Websites’ scores are an indication of their popularity in search engines.
It’s not hard to understand, is it? Let me clarify. Websites are ranked after they have been screened through over 40 steps to ensure that they are accurate. One of the criteria is the “number of sites that have to redirect links to your site.” Your rank is the result of all 40 filters your site passes. You want to be closer to 100 and avoid the 01 like a pro.
You don’t have to be discouraged if you score low. It is not common for any new website to have a high score and all the redirecting hyperlinks in your favor. The best part is: It’s possible to increase your website’s DA if you put in the effort. Instead of using DA to determine the status of your website’s website, consider it a comparison score with other websites. Get started now! You’ll be back for more.
- What are the benefits of domain authority in SEO?
- How is Domain Authority calculated?
- Domain Authority vs Page Authority. What is the difference?
- 1) Create content that attracts backlinks
- 2) Increase page speed
- 3) Verify if your website has been penalized
- 4) You must disavow all toxic links
- 5) Improve technical SEO
- 6) Up your social media presence
- 7) Update old articles and publish new articles often
- 8) Create your brand
- How to Increase Your Domain Authority on New Websites?
- Conclusion: How can I improve my domain authority score
Every day in the modern world, millions of people start websites and try their best to rank high on search engines’ results. The competition is fierce, which gives rise to Domain Authority. It is not just the SEO that makes your site relevant and visible to your audience. You must also consider the DA factor. SEO and DA complement each other because they are both directly dependent on one another. If done correctly and effectively, this will undoubtedly bring us brownie points. Let’s have a look.
- The greatest benefit of DA is the significant boost to the Search Engine Result Page.
- Sponsored posts will be the second thing that you should know about your website. Your website will attract these sponsored posts by increasing your DA and SEO.
- Advertising is an important factor. You need to consider what type of publicity you would like and how those advertisements will be displayed on your site.
- Your website will be able to reach more people and attract comments from them. This is an exciting perk you can unlock by enhancing your DA and managing your on-page SEO.
- One benefit that is less well-known is the fact that affiliate sales will increase. You’ll also have greater exposure and better marketing for your products.
How is Domain Authority calculated?
Domain Authority is affected by the number of linking sites. Quality is more important than quantity. Sites with a high Domain Authority link to websites that are more authoritative than their own.
An exponential curve can show authority. Sites of higher authority have exponentially greater incoming links and pass exponentially more authority to other websites.
- Popular daily blogs have DAs above 80
- Major media websites have DAs above 90
- Only a few websites have DAs of 100 (Wikipedia. Twitter. Facebook. Google).
Domain Authority isn’t the only factor that affects search rankings. Sites with lower authority are more likely to rank higher than sites with greater authority. Because the ranking page might be more specific and more focused on the search term, this is why it may be less popular. To rank well in search engines, web pages must have relevance and authority. You can read more about this below.
Domain Authority vs Page Authority. What is the difference?
Recent SEO Trends indicate that it is not enough to build links. You need to create content that commands links.
You can get the best contextual links from biggies in your niche by creating content people love linking to.
Let’s take an example.
Brian Dean is well-known because he creates practical and informative articles on his website Backlinko.
I copied his root domain into Ahrefs and clicked on “Best By Links.” It blows your mind how many domains he has listed on one page.
Link-worthy content is the best way to get good links. Instead of actively building links, you should create content that attracts links.
If I wanted to create links to this article, for example, I would have to reach out and contact bloggers in the same niche. This is a great strategy, but it has very little ROI. My post on SEO Statistics draws links every so often.
Always make sure to cite worthy.
2) Increase page speed
Google officially declares page speed to be a ranking factor. Visitors will also love to spend more time on a website that loads quickly if it is easy to use.
Simple things can be changed on your website, such as:
- Optimizing image files
- Cloudflare, MaxCDN, or KeyCDN as a CDN provider
- lazy loading resource-intense elements like images, videos, etc.
- Change your web font to the default system font, etc.
- Use a cache plugin such as W3Total cache or WPRocket cache
- You can remove plugins that you don’t use as often.
- Update WordPress to the latest version
If you find these tips overwhelming, you can hire a programmer to optimize your site.
3) Verify if your website has been penalized
Google penalties don’t affect Moz’s DA rankings in any way, but they can reduce your website traffic and thus may impact your DA over the long term.
The A to Z of Google regulations and penalties is beyond the scope. However, if traffic fluctuations or steep drops in traffic are detected in Google Analytics, search console, etc, then it could be possible that you have been affected by a Google penalty.
Double-check traffic drops, as Google is very unpredictable about algorithm updates. What do you think if a penalization might be due to any algorithmic changes that have affected your ranking?
Then, you can start to increase your traffic and search ranking.
The domain authority won’t move forward if your site’s backlink profile contains toxic and negative links.
Moz prefers domains that have high-quality, contextual links. However, toxic backlinks and links from low-quality sites will increase your Moz spam score.
You should avoid certain types of links:
- Sitewide links
- Article directories
- Footer links
- Directory on the Internet
- Networks of links
- Forum and comment links at a low price
Your competitors may also create such harmful links as negative SEO to pull down your rankings.
You should check for toxic backlinks regularly using tools such as SEMrush.
5) Improve technical SEO
While SEOs are known for their on-page and off-page SEO, few people care about technical SEO, which is crucial in increasing your site’s DA.
Google’s core web vital is on the way, so fixing your technical SEO is crucial.
Although it may seem boring, optimizing your robots.txt and sitemap files greatly helps search engines understand and find your site.
Here are some key steps to acknowledge when setting up your website for the first time.
- With the help of the Yoast SEO plugin or hosting CPanel, create a robots.txt.
- Submit your website to Google + various other search engines for indexing
- Get an SSL version for your site
- You should ensure that author pages are not included in the SERPs.
- Register for a Google Search Console account to fetch your website
- Add schema markup to the site
These factors will allow you to establish the foundation from the beginning, which in turn will increase the domain authority.
Social signals are not considered a ranking factor, and there is no official information or update. If you look at the top-ranking pages, however, there is one thing they all have in common: large social media shares.
Sharing is not enough. Having a social media presence helps in boosting your domain authority.
Be there where your target audience is. It could be Quora or LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, or Facebook.
This will drive referral traffic, but it will also increase brand recognition which will help improve CTR in SERPs.
Although social shares do not directly impact ranking, they can make a difference.
Let me explain:
Social shares can be used to indicate that your content was useful, interesting, or worth sharing with others via social media.
Social shares can be a fabulous way to get lots of traffic if they are done right and with the right audience.
A social share will also help you reach your audience, which will increase brand exposure and help with your familiarity with the SERPs and ad campaigns.
How to increase your social media presence:
- These are some ways to increase your Facebook shares and likes.
- You can add a CTA to encourage social sharing or even better.
- Write useful articles that spark interest and conversation.
- You can use the click-to-tweet buttons throughout your article.
- To increase sharing, use lightweight social sharing buttons that float to the left. I’d recommend Social Snap as it has many other features that will help you increase your social media presence.
7) Update old articles and publish new articles often
Search Engine Watch states that content freshness is a ranking signal for Google. Google and Moz both want to know when your website was last updated with new content.
Not only do you need to keep your blog updated, but you also make sure that you are regularly adding new content.
These are some actionable tips to help you update your blog posts with new content.
- Update the post with new and relevant information and delete the outdated and out-of-date information.
- You can add new images to cover more data or graphical images.
- Make sure to update in such a way that the article can easily be scanned.
- For better search engine visibility, rewrite your title or meta description.
- Answer more questions in the post for the #0 featured snippet rankings.
- Make sure to check for punctuation and grammar errors.
- Republish the article and update the date.
8) Create your brand
It is just as important to build a brand around your blog as it is to focus on SEO.
It is easier to build your brand when you have a loyal fan base who loves what you do, trusts you, and relates to you.
SEO is easier when your brand is well-known.
But, why take my word for this?
Survey Monkey and Search Engine Land surveyed nearly 400 people, asking them, “What is the vital factor in helping you choose which search results to click on?” Nearly 70% of Americans said they look for a “known retailer” when choosing search results.
This is where branding comes in handy.
Imagine that you are searching for a query, and the 3rd result from the top 3 results is a website that you already know you have purchased from and had a great customer experience.
Wouldn’t you click on the third result immediately?
Blog owners or website owners who have a strong brand identity are more likely to be mentioned or linked.
These are some branding tips:
- Our own experiences can be shared in blog posts and social media posts. They help people relate to your posts.
- Be real
- To get more exposure, partner with influencers.
- Brand yourself on Twitter
- Your writing should reflect your personality.
- You can create a Facebook community or group around your blog topic.
- Consistent branding (colors, tone, etc.)
How to Increase Your Domain Authority on New Websites?
Give it time if you want to increase your website’s domain authority. To increase your domain authority, you can follow the steps above.
Domain authority is not a ranking factor. It is not used by Google and other search engines. If you do still use it, please:
- Your blog can be branded.
- Earn and build links
- High-quality articles published
- Be present on social media platforms.
- You can build a loyal fan base by offering value and standing out from the crowd.
We hope you enjoyed our guide to increasing your domain authority score. To move the needle, you must focus on your blog’s overall growth, including content, technical SEO, and links.
Domain authority is a slow process. However, with persistence and patience with website maintenance, you can achieve it.
You can still ask me questions about domain authority or how to increase your domain authority
It’s certainly not an easy game. You need to be too focused and determined and ensure that you never get derailed from your planning.
Once your site gains strength, ranking individual web pages will be much easier. So, investing in the website’s SEO for increasing Domain Authority is entirely worth it.